The Societal Impact of Pain (SIP)
A Multi-Stakeholder Platform in Europe
The 'Societal Impact of Pain' (SIP) platform is a multi-stakeholder partnership led by the European Pain Federation EFIC and Pain Alliance Europe (PAE), which aims to raise awareness of pain and change pain policies.
The platform provides opportunities for discussion for health care professionals, pain advocacy groups, politicians, healthcare insurance providers, representatives of health authorities, regulators and budget holders.
The scientific framework of the SIP platform is under the responsibility of EFIC and the strategic direction of the project is defined by both partners. The pharmaceutical companies Grünenthal GmbH and Pfizer are the main sponsors of the Societal Impact of Pain (SIP) platform.
Milestones of the SIP platform:
- 2011: The Societal Impact of Pain A Road Map for Action
- 2014: Informal Health Conclusions Italian Presidency, Informal Health Council
- 2016: 8 Policy Recommendations: Time for Action
- 2017: Policy Recommendations 2017
- 2018: SIP Position Paper
- 2018/2019: SIP Thematic Network Joint Statement
Here you can find the complete overview of organisations that have endorsed one or more SIP annual events.