SIP responds to the European Commission’s consultation on the Strategic Framework 2021-2027 for Health & Safety at Work in the EU
European Pain Federation EFIC & Pain Alliance Europe (PAE), Belgium
The EU Strategic Framework (2021-2027) is a follow-up of the previous EU Strategic Framework 2014-2020. It aims to maintain and improve health & safety standards for EU workers.
Below, and linked here, is SIP’s response and recommendations.
SIP calls upon the European Commission to adopt the following recommendations:
- Recognise individuals with chronic pain as a risk group in the context of health and safety at work
- Promote a multi-professional approach to health and safety at work
- Encourage employers to facilitate reasonable, flexible workplace adjustments for workers
- Utilise evidence-based policymaking in health and safety at work policies
- Recognise the positive impact that work contributes to the health, wellbeing, and productivity of Europeans and European society
Read more and download the full SIP response here.
For more information please also see the 2018 Join Statement.
You can also read SIP’s response to the Implementation of the European Pillar of Social Rights here.