Presentation of SIP National at EFIC congress 2019
EFIC, SIP, Spain
The bi-annual EFIC Congress 2019 took place from 4-7 September in Valencia, Spain.
The activities of SIP at EFIC Congress kicked-off with the SIP national platforms pre-EFIC workshop on September 3rd where for the first time, around 25 representatives of the eight SIP national platforms (Spain, Portugal, France, Malta, Belgium, Netherlands, Finland, Ireland) gathered together to share their experiences and best practices on how to:
- Tackle the societal impact of pain at national level
- Launch the SIP Toolkit that will help the work of the newly created national platforms as well the creation of future ones
- Prepare the start the National Pain Plan Survey (results planned to be presented at the SIP 2019 Symposium)
Experiences from SIP national platforms were presented during the EFIC congress in several sessions:
- Workshop on 04.09. (14:30– 16:00) Hall 1A: Societal Impact of pain- Changing pain medicine through political Action; experiences from SIP Spain and France
- Four Posters have been presented by SIP national platforms (France, Spain, Portugal, Malta)
- Presentation of the SIP Toolkit how to build national SIP platforms in Europe (final Version will be presented at SIP 2019)
- SIP materials have been distributed at the stands from EFIC, PAE and Grünenthal on all days of the congress
Many EFIC congress visitors visited the SIP Partners stands and the SIP sessions at this exciting event which has been a great success for SIP.
The scientific sessions can be followed via live-streaming (same link for all sessions).