Presentation of SIP highlights and achievements at EFIC congress 2019
EFIC, SIP, Spain
The bi-annual EFIC Congress 2019 "Pain in Europe XI - Bringing the future to the present" took place from 4-7 September in Valencia, Spain. EFIC Congress. It was attended by around 3.500 participants including healthcare professionals, patient representatives, industry and others.
The activity and the topics covered by the Societal Impact of Pain (SIP) received increasing interest from these stakeholders and EFIC 2019 has been a unique opportunity to raise awareness of the impact of pain on society as well as share the SIP policy recommendations from the framework of the European Commission Thematic Network Program 2018.
The representatives of the eight SIP national platforms came together for the first time to share experiences.
Societal Impact of Pain has been addressed in several sessions of the scientific program and at the stands of the SIP Partners.
- Workshop on 04.09. (14:30– 16:00) Hall 1A: Societal Impact of pain- Changing pain medicine through political Action; see detailed program in the flyer
- Six posters will be presented from SIP national platforms (France, Spain, Portugal, Malta) and SIP Europe (2 poster on methodology and the Joint Statement)
- Presentation of the SIP Toolkit how to build national SIP platforms in Europe
- Several other sessions related to the SIP topics
- SIP materials will be distributed at the stands from EFIC, PAE and Grünenthal on all days of the congress
Please see attached the Flyer with an overview of all SIP related sessions and a detailed program of the SIP Workshop on September 4.
The scientific sessions can be followed via live-streaming as well (same link for all sessions).