Marja Kinnunen as deputy for Public Health Advisory Board
Executive manager of Finnish Musculoskeletal Association (TULE ry) Marja Kinnunen has been appointed as deputy for Public Health Advisory Board to represent social, and health NGOs. TULE ry is also a SIP partner in Finland.
The Finnish Government appointed the Public Health Advisory Board for the term of office from 1 August 2020 to 31 July 2023.
During this term of office, the Advisory Board shall in particular:
- Guide and monitor the implementation of the Government Decision in Principle for the Promotion of Welfare, Health and Safety 2030
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of measures to promote the well-being, health, and safety of the Government of Prime Minister Sanna Marin
- Act as an expert in the restructuring of social and health care services, in particular with a view to promoting well-being, health, and safety and reducing inequalities
- Establish permanent structures for the promotion of well-being, health, and safety at national level
- Make a proposal for a future statutory framework for cooperation to promote cross-administrative well-being, health, and safety.
The Public Health Advisory Board and its tasks are provided for in the Public Health Act and the Decree on the Public Health Advisory Board.
The Advisory Board is chaired by Kirsi Varhila, Chief of Staff of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, and has a broad representation of other ministries, agencies, institutions, municipalities, and organisations.
More information (in Finnish): https://stm.fi/-/folkhalsodelegationen-tillsattes-i-en-ny-sammansattning-efter-en-lang-paus
Read more information, initiatives about SIP Finland here