10th Anniversary of Societal Impact of Pain
Gudula Petersen – Grünenthal, Germany
10 Years Societal Impact of Pain - Happy Birthday!
In October 2009, SIP started with a small group of people interested in the topic of “Societal Impact of Pain”. The name “SIP” was chosen more or less accidently based on the drawing made at the flipcharts in this meeting. Now 10 years later, the platform has grown into a big SIP community with more than 300 endorsing organisations. SIP is widely seen as a benchmark for integrated multi-Stakeholder collaboration towards concrete actions and achievements.
Read more about the significant accomplishments of the SIP platform from the past 10 years.
Milestones of the SIP platform:
- 2011: The Societal Impact of Pain A Road Map for Action
- 2014: Informal Health Conclusions Italian Presidency, Informal Health Council
- 2016: First SIP Newsletter
- 2016: 8 Policy Recommendations: Time for Action
- 2017: Policy Recommendations 2017
- 2018: SIP Position Paper on the of the 9th EU Framework Program (FP9)
- 2018/2019: SIP Thematic Network Joint Statement
- 2019: SIP collaboration with CHRODIS+
This year, we will showcase some of our achievements and significant events from the last 10 years and ask our partners and pain experts about their vision for the next 10 years in pain advocacy.