Hear from one of the winners of the BMP Grant 2020: ASpida
Pain Alliance Europe
The third winner of the second edition of the Brain, Mind, and Pain Grant is ASpida!
The ASpida is an innovative, patient-led intervention approach which attempts to stop stigma for individuals with chronic pain (CP) by incorporating key stakeholders, such as the Chronic Pain Ireland and the School of Applied Psychology, to bring individuals with CP experiences’ at every stage from co-designing to implementing the program.
A Public and patient involvement panel (PPI) will participate as co‐researchers and PPI’s participants’ role will include the following:
- contribute to the content and usability development of the program,
- propose solutions which will transform a theory-based concept into an operationalizing self-care program,
- co-facilitate focus groups to better understand what needs to be delivered,
- co-develop the content of the ASpida program,
- facilitate the program to their local communities,
- train others to deliver it
Read the full article here.
For further information about the grant, please read here.