SIP Symposium 2019: Announcements
One day before (6th Nov) the SIP Symposium 2019, a workshop by Pain Alliance Europe will take place at Conference Center of EU Thon hotel on between 1500 and 1800.
Everybody who is interested to actively work on this topic. Maximum number of participants will be 30 persons. Please register to attend this important workshop.
Ideally the workshop will lead to ideas for further proposals to apply for the Brain Mind and Pain (BMP) patient-centered innovation grant "Stop Stigma!" which is still possible until 31 December 2019.
In total, 30 abstracts from SIP national platforms and SIP related initiatives have been selected for the poster presentation on 7th Nov. 2019 during lunch break (12:45 – 14:00). To make the poster session more interactive in limited time, the poster session will be guided by the moderator & presenter. More information on preparation and presentation of the posters are available below:
Preparation of your poster
- Please prepare the poster in a size of DIN A0 portrait format with a size of about 90 (width) x 120 cm (height)
- We offer you to print the poster for you to be available at the registration desk on November 6 after 18:00
- Please provide a pdf version of the poster at the latest by October 30th to email@example.com (in cc to Rahman@grunenthal.com) to get it printed
Presentation of your poster at the SIP Symposium
- Please fix your poster on the poster boards in the ballroom of the Concert Noble (Rue d’Arlon 84, 1040 Bruxelles) either on November 6th (from 18:00-19:00 ) or on November 7th (from 8:00-9:00)
- Poster session will take place on November 7th from 12:45 – 14:00
- Participants will be guided in groups through the poster area (3-4 groups)
- Poster presenter will have 2 minutes time to present the core messages of her/his poster to the group
- Please respect that we cannot give you more time as we want to give all poster authors the chance to present their poster to all participants
Contributions should be strictly non-promotional and related to the SIP objectives of SIP which you can find here.
Please let us know if you have questions and looking forward to meet you soon at SIP 2019. Should you need help on 6/7 November, please call to our colleague Jamilur Rahman on +49 15174114850.
The SIP 2019 Abstract & Background booklet contains background readings to SIP 2019, providing contextual information on the plenary sessions, speakers and faculty members’ abstracts. The booklet also includes the full list of more than 340 endorsing organisations supporting the scientific objectives of the symposium. Read and download the Abstract&Background Booklet.
On 7th November 2019 in the Concert Noble in Brussels, a SIP 2019 "Marketplace" will be held. This is an informal area where our SIP partners and stakeholders can present their materials and get in contact with other participants. No commercial promotion or products are allowed to be displayed during the Marketplace. All items that can be displayed are topics related to the Societal Impact of Pain.
We would like to give those who cannot attend the SIP 2019 Symposium an opportunity to also closely follow the events during the symposium. SIP 2019 will be live web streamed to follow the plenary session:
Morning (9:00 – 12:00)
- SIP 10th Anniversary: past, present and future
- European Survey on National Pain Plans: results and implications
- Pain Research - SIP Joint Statement implementation
- Pain Education - SIP Joint Statement implementation
Lunch break and guided poster tours (12:00 – 14:00) – Live stream is suspended
Afternoon (14:00 – 17:00)
- Pain and Employment - SIP Joint Statement implementation
- Pain as a Health Quality Indicator - SIP Joint Statement implementation
- Pain on the Political agenda after the European Elections
- Wrap up and next steps
Please find more information and register for the SIP 2019 Live Stream.
The SIP 2019 Symposium will be held on November 7th in Brussels and more than 200 people have already registered. More than 30 speakers will take part in discussions and our two plenary sessions, which will also be live streamed.
Guided poster tours will be organised to showcase the submitted poster presentations on SIP related topics. Many of them will present SIP National platforms or an organisation endorsing SIP.