Sociedad Murciana de Geriatría y Gerontología (SMGG)
The Murcian Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology is a non-profit scientific association created more than 20 years ago. Its main objective is to ensure the wellbeing and improvement of the quality of life of the elderly in the region of Murcia, so their activity is being directed to:
- promoting the study of the aging process and the development of geriatrics;
- promoting the relationship between professionals dedicated to the care of older people;
- designing educational, social and health actions, responding to the needs of the elderly and their caregivers;
- advising and supporting regional and local organisations that deal with the social and health problems of older people.
- collaborating with university institutions, public or private, other scientific associations and associations of seniors for the achievement of their main objective.