Wide national implementation of new pain course
APTBH - Pain Course on Chronic Pain
With great pleasure we (Association for Pain Therapy Bosnia and Herzegovina) would like to inform you that continuous education on the pain therapy of Chronic pain has started on April 6th 2012. This education is based on the International Grunenthal Pain Course which is supported by EFIC. Continuing education from 2006/12 is based on the International Pain courses about different modules of pain.
During 2012 the Pain course on Chronic pain is scheduled for 120 doctors in 5 hospitals in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Pain Course is recommended EFIC and WIP and includes a workshop, a part with interactive questions, and a case study. The persons giving lectures are national experts (IASP and EFIC members).
Content of module of Chronic pain course
- Introduction (importance of EFIC and EU action in the SIP and costs)
- Pathophysiological mechanism (peripheral and central sensitization)
- Assessment and estimate of Chronic Pain
- Treatment of chronic pain - Interdsciplinary and multimodal therapy (example from practice), administration of opioids in non-cancer pain
- Documentation in the treatment of Chronic pain
- How to implement the best practice and how to remove barriers in BiH
- Pain educated doctors in 3 hospitals and 2 rehabilitation centres in BiH on chronic pain management
- Improve recognition and treatment of chronic pain in practice
- Treatment of pain on the way of achieving an effective and economically approach for society
- Standards in the treatment of pain in the entire area of Bosnia and Herzegovina (Federation and RS)
- Improve the quality of life of sufferers
- Support developing the action plan of the Roadmap and SIP of EU policy on P.M. in BiH
- Help the community and society
We are very grateful that EFIC is granting its support so we can continue education on this very important issue “Chronic pain and SIP”.
Coordinator of Courses